MAJOR PURPOSE: Assist the Director of Communications in the execution of an integrated marketing communications strategy following the goals of the Seminary’s strategic plan (15 hours).
Provide administrative support for Development Office (20 hours) with primary responsibility for managing the Raiser’s Edge database; the preparation of mailings; maintaining donor files; preparing donation acknowledgements and pledge reminders; ; and support for event planning and management for both Development and Communications.
- Assist Director of Communications in the production and distribution of all Seminary publications, including annual reports, newsletters, recruitment materials, etc.
- Help manage Seminary events, including registration and videotaping. Plan, prepare and implement print and electronic mailings for educational outreach programs.
- Make content changes on the website, including preparation of pages for Seminary events, news releases, landing pages, etc.
- Update schedule of events on display monitors.
- As time allows, write articles for newsletters and website.
- As is expected of all employees, provide backup support for the Seminary’s major events/general activities, as needed.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Manage the Raiser’s Edge development database and research module.
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Continually update and correct database records.
- Coordinate productions and mailing of annual appeal letters.
- Track tax credit donations in the database and keep a file for each tax credit donor.
- Answers phone inquiries from donors and provide prompt and courteous assistance.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events, including working with vendors.
- Record minutes at Development Committee meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
REQUIREMENTS: Experience with website management; excellent and demonstrated interpersonal and communications skills; ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously and effectively; ability to work flexible hours (some nights & rare weekends). Experience in event planning and managing audio-visual equipment a plus. A minimum of three years’ experience in an administrative position, preferably in a nonprofit development office. Experience and expertise with computers, networks, operating software, database management software and spreadsheets. Attention to detail, accuracy, quality of work and confidentiality. Ability to work independently with little supervision. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Design and photo editing software (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat)
- Content Management System (WordPress, etc.)
- Audio and video editing