If you have not been approved for Post-Completion OPT, you must do one of the following within 60 days of your program end date:
- Apply to change nonimmigrant visa status from F-1 to another visa statusThis can be a lengthy process. Application and instructions for applying for a change in nonimmigrant visa status: http://www.uscis.gov/visit-united-states/change-my-nonimmigrant-status-category/change-my-nonimmigrant-status
- Change education level – continue in F-1 status
You must change to a higher education level if you stay at Hartford Seminary. Please follow the admissions process for the applicable program you wish to apply to.
- Transfer to another Institution (can be at the same education level or a higher education level in F-1 status)You must be a student in good standing to transfer your Form I-20 to another institution. The following documents must be submitted to the CISSS before the transfer takes place:
- Copy of admissions letter from transfer-in school
- Contact information for Primary Designated School Official or Designated School Official and SEVIS code for transfer-in school
- Depart the US – You must prepare to return to your home country within 60 days of your program end date.
Note: Students approved for Post-Completion OPT must choose one of the options above within 60 days of their employment end date as noted on their Employment Authorization Document card.