There are two ways to acquire a copy of your transcript:
- Submit the completed Transcript Request Form
- Send a written request asking for your transcript. Written requests must contain the following information:
- Full Name (please include your maiden name, if applicable, or any other name used while attending the Seminary)
- Date of Birth
- Email address or daytime telephone number in the event we need to contact you
- Dates of Attendance
- Where to send the transcript; this must be a postal address.
- Signature and Date
There is a $10.00 fee for each transcript. Transcript requests will not be processed until payment is received.
The request can be sent via:
77 Sherman Street
Hartford, CT 06105
Fax: Attn Registrar’s Office – 860-509-9509
Email: You may submit a scanned copy of the request to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 requires that all transcript requests be signed and dated by the person to whom the record belongs. Telephone and e-mail requests CANNOT be accepted.
Upon receipt of the written request, official transcripts are normally mailed within three business days. Processing of your official transcript request may vary due to circumstances beyond our control. The Registrar’s Office makes every effort to speed these important documents to your intended recipients.
Official transcripts cannot be faxed; however, we can fax your unofficial transcript, but still require a written transcript request. In lieu of a mailing address, please provide a fax number.
Name Changes: To change the name on your academic record, you must present to the Registrar’s Office copies of the legal documents which indicate the name change (driver’s license, marriage or divorce certificate).
Please Note: It is the policy of Hartford Seminary not to release a transcript to individuals who are indebted to the Seminary. If a transcript request is denied for any reason written notification will be sent.