Student Services Coordinator (Part-Time)
Hartford Seminary invites applications for the part-time position of Student Services Coordinator. This person will provide quality service to all enrolled students through program initiatives and act as a resource and referral source for questions and information. The coordinator will troubleshoot situations as needed, working closely with other Seminary offices that offer student services
Essential functions include:
Student Services and Life
- Develops and implements programs to enhance student life, including the Student Activities Calendar of Events.
- Organizes and supervises the following support services – English for Academic Purposes (Fall); English for Academic Writings (Spring); Working with Word for Graduate Students (Fall and Spring); Class Presentation Workshop; Library Trainings; Writing Workshops; Writing Consultants.
- Supervises Resident Assistants.
- Plans and oversees new student orientations (September and January); supports Coordinator of ISSS with international student orientation portions.
- Serves as main contact for students with issues and concerns.
- Develops and maintains system for providing mental health services as needed.
- Assists students with disabilities in obtaining needed accommodations in accordance with Seminary policy.
- Liaison to the English Language Institute at the University of Hartford.
- Coordinator of the Graduation ceremony including serving as chair of the Graduation Committee.
- Provides support for Convocation, including planning.
- Supervises the preparation of the annual Student Handbook.
Student Retention and Satisfaction
- As part of the Seminary?s systematic retention efforts, oversees follow-up with students who withdraw, are on a leave of absence, program extension, or who have been inactive for an extended period.
- Encourages and contacts students to register and follows up on students who have not registered
- Works with others to gauge student satisfaction through student surveys with the goal of institutional improvement.
Membership in the following committees:
- Care Team
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor?s degree required; master?s degree preferred. Experience working in higher education or student services preferred. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing; must have excellent planning and organizational skills. Ability to be sensitive to and respond to concerns of students. Maintain student, faculty and staff confidentiality for sensitive information. Must be able to relate to a wide range of individuals across diverse backgrounds.
Hartford Seminary is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
Mary Zeman, Director of Human Resources
77 Sherman Street
Hartford, CT 06105
No Phone Calls