Business Office Associate III 06/2020
DEPARTMENT TITLE OF SUPERVISOR
Business Office | Chief Business Officer
MAJOR PURPOSE: Assist the CBO with the routine operations of the Business Office.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Est. % of time
• Cash Receipts: Process all money received by mail, faculty/staff, students and public.
• Petty Cash: Take care of requests for cash; reconciling money in cash box regularly with CBO.
• Track Business card activity: making sure cardholders reconcile monthly.
• Process and reconcile ProPay and non-POPULI credit card sales. Process and enter all payment transactions in general ledger; make data entries for monthly bank reconciliation.
• Along with CBO, make sure all restricted/endowment donations are separated out from operating deposit.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE 40%
• Post student fees, credits, financial aid, etc. to accounts receivable in POPULI.
• Post cash receipts from students, faculty/staff, churches and public.
• Email statements to students; oversee student payment plans in POPULI.
• Process federal loan checks.
• Coordinate with Registrar to maintain transaction codes and course prices in POPULI.
• Coordinate with Director of Recruitment/Admissions regarding financial aid in POPULI.
• Process 1098-T forms annually.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE 30%
• Check each disbursement for correct account numbers/receipts/invoices/signatures; post to general ledger.
• Print, get signatures, and mail checks twice a month.
• Along with CBO, process and reconcile automatic bank withdrawals monthly.
• Process 1099-MISC forms annually.
• Keep track of all prepaid and accrued expenses.
• Allocate postage charges to respective cost centers.
• Update and maintain computer lists and procedures manual.
• Research accounts and vendors when requested by faculty/staff, student, or church.
• Answer telephone requests/questions.
• Keep track of Business Office forms and supplies
• Dispense paychecks.
• Write receipts for cash received.
• File all materials.
• Coordinate cash deposit banking with CBO at local branch; checks are digitally scanned.
• Collect and summarize hourly employee wages from time sheets for payroll.
• Supervise possible Federal Work Study (FWS) student assigned to the Business Office during the academic year.
• Attend Finance, Investments, and Audit Committee meetings and take minutes for the meetings.
• Assist the CBO in the Annual Audit and Form 990 by prepping supporting documentation for audit requests.
• As is expected of all employees, provide backup support for Seminary’s major events/general activities, as needed.
REQUIREMENTS: Good knowledge of figures; experience working with faculty/staff and public; experience with computers and calculator; business school experience helpful; knowledge of GREAT PLAINS, FINANCIAL EDGE, and PAYLOCITY a plus; experience with handling confidential and sensitive materials.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Manual dexterity; ability to drive for weekly banking.
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com