Join Hartford Seminary and the UConn Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities for this interfaith conference on creating communities of belonging.
The conference will take place at Hartford Seminary and will feature the Rev. Bill Gaventa, Director of the Summer Institute on Theology and Disability and the Director of the Collaborative on Faith and Disability. He will be joined by an interfaith panel.
The conference begins at 4 p.m. and ends at 8 p.m. (agenda below). A light dinner will be served.
Sign language interpreters will be provided. To arrange other assistance to participate contact Candace Low and email@example.com or 203-306-6091 (text only).
4:00 p.m. Welcome – Joel N. Lohr, President, Hartford Seminary
Opening Prayer and Comments – Candace Low, M.Ed., Candace Low Consulting Services
Introductions – Molly Cole, Associate Director, University of Connecticut Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities
4:15 p.m. Keynote – Rev. Bill Gaventa – When All God’s People Finally Show Up: From Inclusion to Belonging
5:15 p.m. Break
5:30 p.m. Panel Discussion – Moderator Candace Low
• Deacon Dennis Ferguson, The Church of St.Timothy, West Hartford
• Lynn Johnson, pastoral psychotherapist and a Quaker who attends Immanuel Congregational Church, Hartford
• Amy Langston, M.A. in Religious Studies, Raleigh, North Carolina
• Cathy Ludlum, advocate, author, speaker, Manchester
• Aida Mansoor, Coordinator, Islamic Chaplaincy Program, Hartford Seminary, Hartford
• Erica Thompson, Senior Pastor, Asylum Hill Congregational Church, Hartford
7:00 p.m. Breakout Groups
7:40 p.m. Share
7:55 p.m. Wrap up and closing prayer – Bill GaventaSpeaker Bios