Please join Hartford Seminary and Arigatou International – Prayer and Action for Children for a multifaith conversation, How Prayer Can Help Build a Better World for Children. The conversation will be followed by an Interfaith Prayer Celebration for Children in which prayers from diverse traditions will be offered. A reception will follow.
This program aims to deepen our collective understanding of the meaning of prayer/meditation/reflection/intercession and other forms of worship in different religious traditions through a multifaith panel moderated by Hartford Seminary President Heidi Hadsell. It is our hope that this dialogue will contribute to a better understanding of religious communities’ roles and responsibilities for the well-being of children and lead to a discussion of how prayer translates into action.
- Prof. Anantanand Rambachan, (Hindu) Chair of the Religion Department at St. Olaf College
- Ms. Malou Dusyn, (Buddhist) Founder of the Menia Holistic Health Center
- Rabbi Herb Brockman, (Jewish) Lecturer in Supervised Ministries, Yale Divinity School
- Ms. Jennifer Haddad Mosher, (Orthodox Christian) Grants Officer at FOCUS North America
- The Rev. Bishop Victor Rush, (Pentacostal Christian) Pastor at Ebenezer Temple United Holy Church of America
- Dr. Mahmoud Ayoub, (Muslim) Faculty Associate in Islam and Christian-Muslim Relations, Hartford Seminary
- Bhai Gurmeet Singh, (Sikh) Main Priest, Gurdwara Guru Nanak Darbar
If you are coming from New York and would like us to assist with your transportation to Hartford, kindly contact Masue Suzuki at firstname.lastname@example.org”